Click on the contacts name to contact them. If a contact is not listed please contact the church office at 541-382-5542.
Altar Guild: The primary support to the clergy in the preparation of the altar and the chancel for worship is the Altar Guild. It is the responsibility of the Altar Guild to set up the instruments used in Eucharistic worship each time the community gathers for prayer. Members of the guild organize and place out the chalices and patens, the cruets and ciboria, prior to each hour of worship. They also arrange other facets of altar service, including the books, vases, frontals, candles, and coverings. They clean up and store the same after each service in the Sacristy. Members of the Altar Guild are trained for their roles in an apprenticeship by the more experienced leaders of the group. Four teams rotate responsibilities for preparing the Altar and sanctuary for worship. If this ministry of service to the clergy and congregation interests you, please contact Donna Young.
Flower Ministry: The Flower Ministry of the parish assists the Altar Guild in its ministry by preparing the prominent display of floral arrangements each weekend and on holidays. Gifted individuals are always sought for this effort. Interest in serving can be followed up by contacting Carol Luther.
Coffee Hour: Stay for coffee and conversation after the Sunday Services, if you would like to help out contact:
- Adult Choir: Meets every Wednesday 7:00 – 8:30 pm. We sing every 1st, 2nd & 4th Sunday of the month, including special services throughout the church year. We are always welcoming new voices! So if you are interested in singing with the choir email their director Susan Evans.
- St. Cecilia Children’s Choir: Rehearsal are Sundays at 8:45 am except the first Sunday of the month. The children sing on the 3rd Sunday of each month and at occasional special services. For more information email the choir’s director Riki Strong.
Worship Leaders, contact the following people for information:
- Lay Eucharist Visitors: Lay Eucharistic Visitors bear the sacrament of Holy Eucharist to home bound and hospitalized parishioners immediately following services of worship, usually from the 10:15 a.m. Sunday service, but also at other times. Lay Eucharistic Visitors are trained by the clergy and licensed by the diocese for this important sacramental ministry. Interest in serving as a Lay Eucharistic Visitor can be followed up by contacting Peggy Ziegler.
- Lectors: Lectors wre persons who have a facility in the public reading of texts and so are called upon to read Holy Scripture in our public worship. Readers are scheduled with regularity for our different services. Interest in serving as a Reader can be followed up by contacting Kim McClain.
- Liturgical Ministers: Lay Eucharistic Ministers assist the clergy in the administration of the cup in communion. At times they also help with the other details of setting the altar in the course of the liturgy. Lay Eucharistic Ministers are instructed by the clergy and licensed by the diocese for their ministry. Interest in serving as a Lay Eucharistic Minister can be followed up by contacting Kim McClain.
- Ushers: Ushers assist with the greeting and guiding of the public in worship. Their responsibilities include the distribution of service leaflets and other worship materials, receiving and presenting the offerings of the people, directing the flow of foot traffic during the administration of Holy Communion, and general oversight of the congregation during worship. Ushers are scheduled on a regular basis. Interest in serving as an Usher can be followed up by contacting Carol Moore or John Bolen
- Communion Bread Ministry: This ministry is responsible for baking fresh bread each week to be used for our Eucharistic celebrations. If you are interested in this ministry please contact Janet Stevens